What are the most common e-commerce mistakes? Read this!
One common mistake is launching a website and thinking its done. You have started selling online, maybe at first through social media and now you have your own e-shop.
Your website is meant to help you automate a lot of the manual social media selling operations.
Most people stop working on their website after they launch it. Huge mistake!
#1. Follow SEO requirementsMost of the online shop owners think of it as an online brochure, put it online and leave it.
The thing is websites, e-shops are never really done. They need proper SEO onsite settings according to Google requirements.
The same way you never really stop learning new things and you're always improving your e-commerce business, your website should also always be updated and improved.
#2. What can you improve?
- You can start by experimenting with - how your users browse around.
- Are the best selling categories easily accessible?
- Can visitors get all their objections and questions answered about your products or services without having to ask you?
- Are the checkout and pay process clear?
#3. Website technical performanceYou need to know:
- How fast or slow is your website?
- Are you using SSL cerificate (HTTPS) ?
- Does your website loading properly on mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets?
Poor website performance doesn’t reflect well on a company and unhappy customers will go looking for the same products somewhere else. 47% of shoppers expect a website to load in 2 seconds or less and will abandon a site if it doesn’t load fast enough.
79% of customers dissatisfied with website performance are less likely to make a repeat purchase. That’s real money that’s lost because a site just isn’t fast enough.
Use " Google mobile-friendly test " tool for FREE.
These 3 areas are a good place to start improving your website.
As a results you will experience increased sales and reduced costs!
All the best!
Read my articles here: Best SEO Software Review